The AMARCORD ARTHOUSE TELEVISION AWARDS (AATVA) is a web-only competition with the focus on arthouse films made primarily for television and video. AATVA is a division of the Blow-up Arthouse Film festival. It links the most creative artists together with very intelligent audiences for its annual festival of narrative, musical and documentary films, shorts, animations, experimental films, and student work. The Festival was named after the Fellini's iconic film "Amarcord".
The event pursues goals to introduce more people to the arthouse film. We would like to see films made primarily for aesthetic and philosophical reasons.
We believe that a story driven by a genuine expression can stimulate new thoughts that have the power to promote the fundamental principles of humanism, expand creative frontiers, stimulate new levels of compassion, and even lead to social change. The Festival is an organization dedicated to the discovery and development of new artists and audiences. The Festival seeks to support and inspire independent film and theatre artists from the United States and around the world, and to introduce audiences to their new work. We also welcome established Arthouse filmmakers, who already attained a major contribution to the art of filmmaking.
All accepted entries will receive digital Official Selection Laurels.
Main Category winners will receive digital Laurel and Trophy or Certificate.
All Technical Category winners will receive digital Laurel and Certificate.
- Main Category -
Best Feature Film
Best Music Film/Music Video
Best TV/Web Series Episode
- Technical Category -
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the Amarcord Arthouse Television & Film Fest Awards, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
The Amarcord Arthouse Television & Film Fest Awards (AATVA) is open to any film completed after January 1, 2013 regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the AATVA is not a guarantee of selection. All the Official selection, Nominees and the Winners will be listed on our website permanently. All the winning films will receive a trophy award or certificate. Please read all rules and regulations before submitting your project. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers: we treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles.
2. The AATVA is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival within the United States only. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
3. The AATVA reserves the right to refuse entries or change the Submission Status.
4. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the AATVA, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
5. The BFF will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the AATVA programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
6. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The 'Accepted' (Official Selection) status means your film is included into the competition section of the BFF and you are now eligible for a nomination/award and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
7. An official selection and a nominee will be privately screened for the AATVA judging panel, and it would not be screened to the public. There is no live event to be held.
8. “Best” films of each category will receive a trophy award or certificate.
9. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link of your film. Please select the correct category, while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve right to re-assign film to an appropriate category.
10. AATVA may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall be become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.