After a great success of the first ever Film Festival in an ancient city of Alwar (Rajasthan, Western India)surrounded by the Aravalli range of mountains, we are proud to present the second edition. The first edition had participation from 70 countries with 470 films. The event was attended by delegates from North America, Europe, Middle East and India.
The theme of the festival is CULTURAL DISCOVERY.
Independent filmmakers and all film lovers are welcome to join us in 2 days of exciting events. In addition to live screening of your work, you will also get opportunities for networking, participation in the discussions/seminars and a co-creators' workshop on the sidelines of the main event. We offer celebrations for all who have a passion for film making and for film viewing. We value story/content over budget. If you enjoy and have courage to experiment, here is the place for you to showcase your work.
1. Cinema of all genres, any length and budget are welcome from all over the world.
2. No restriction on the year of making. May be your unrecognized old work gets discovered here.
3. Music albums/videos/trailers are also acceptable.
4. Web series/TV Pilot can also be submitted.
5. Students are encouraged to participate and show their talent.
6. A separate category for mobile film/homemade/amateur productions.
7. A co-creators' workshop for the successful entries. You can get potential partners and financiers in this event.
8. Works in progress are accepted provided the completion takes place before the event.
9. World premieres of the films are a high priority.
10. Selection and screening of the films will be as follows:
a): Official Selection: First Selection list will be named as "Official Selection". These films will get a Certificate of Official Selection.
b): FINALISTS: Second Selection will be from the Official Selection list. The films selected from the first list will be named as "FINALISTS". These films will qualify for screening depending upon requisite technical requirements.
c): SCREENING: Some of the FINALISTS will be selected for Screening.
d): AWARD WINNERS: Award will be announced on the last day of screening in the Award Ceremony.
We have many awards in different categories which will be announced after the screening of the films.
*All non-English language films must be subtitled in English. Non-English films without subtitles will be rejected.
*English films with English subtitles are encouraged.
*We also accept submissions that have premiered elsewhere.
*Multiple entries are allowed, however a separate entry must be submitted for each.
*Entry fees are non-refundable.
*We will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling and/or venue or location.
*No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection.
*If chosen as an official selection, the Festival is granted the permission to exhibit the film at the Festival and all associated screenings and their all media publicity material.
* Location and timing of any screenings of the film shall be the sole decision of the organizers of The Festival.
*Filmmakers will be solely responsible for all costs resulting from the submission of the film to the Festival.
* Filmmakers agree to send us the films in the required format for screening on request should their film is short listed for screening at their own cost and risk.
*Although every precaution will be taken to prevent loss or damage to materials while in the possession of the festival, the Festival is not responsible should any materials be damaged while in transit to or from, or while in the possession of the festival.
*The filmmaker holds the Festival, its management, juries, subsidiaries, partners, agents, sponsors, affiliates, and volunteers etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from entry.
*The filmmaker certifies to have full rights. The filmmaker will indemnify the organizers of the Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
*The filmmaker certifies that the music used especially in the music videos is an original score.
*Decisions of the management of the festival will be final and binding to the submitters regarding judgment, selection, screenings, awards, prizes, certificates, laurels, venue, location, dates, schedule or any other activity related to the event. Filmmakers certify and undertake to abide by the decision of the festival management.
Response from festival:
Thank you very much Algis alias Hermes alias Arvindar Puri for your kind thoughts. You have produced an excellent cinema work blending Greek and Indian spiritual heights. It is not easy to capture these subjects in a film. Your work is highly commendable. Looking forward to your participation in Season-2 also.Regards, Avnish Rajvanshi