The AlohaStream Film Festival celebrates independent and alternative content, focusing on feature films 40-120 minutes of any genre.
We highlight award worthy independent movies and screenplays on our website!
We focus on discovering and bringing to the world, not just the movie, but the journey the filmmakers undertook to create the project. Not only do we share the story, but we let the creators share the story behind the story.
We honor movies in a variety of ways as Official Selections, Finalists, and “Best of” in a variety of categories.
We also offer full-service distribution to select feature films.
Select features and shorts will be invited to participate in the online Spirit of Cinema Awards.
- The submitter must be directly involved (producer, director, screenwriter) with the project or legally authorized to represent the project submitted;
- Projects are only considered for the categories for which they are entered into;
- All commercial/private property including all trademark, copyrighted materials shown or recorded on the project is the responsibility of the filmmaker. The AlohaStream Film Festival will NOT take responsibility for any infringement of copy-written materials;
- All submissions must be submitted via digital screener (Vimeo, FilmFreeway, other screening service; or for screenplays – PDFs only. We DO NOT accept physical submissions (DVD, Blu-Ray, printed scripts etc);
- Award categories are decided at the discretion of the AlohaStream Film Festival and may be subject to change;
- All decisions are final;
- We do not accept pornographic material;
- We do watch your movie/screenplay in its entirety and give it honest and thoughtful consideration;
- We do not guarantee any type of public exhibition or display of your movie, so your movie will still qualify as a premiere in any festival you choose to submit to;
- We are a digital, online screening event, without any in-person events.