Allucinema Fest, 2017
During 2014, 2015 and 2016, the Allucinema International University Film Festival represented the beginning of this journey, which, after three full editions of university cinema, has been consolidated as an international platform with participation from 119 countries around the world. In its fourth edition Allucinema Fest seeks to extend its horizons, expanding its goals and objectives, thus keeping its premise of being an integral festival and linking the various sectors of society.
The professionalization of the different segments of filmmaking has been and will be the central axis of the Festival, so it offers to be an inclusive platform that will establish a step to transcendence, integrated by the empowerment, follow-up and continuity for the filmmakers.
The winner of each category (animation, experimental, documentary, fiction, best Mexican short film, best poblano short film and best Quintanarroense short film) will be awarded a representative statuette of the Allucinema International University Film Festiva and a recognition of any special mention available.
Allucinema International University Film Festival, is pleased to share its call for its 2017 edition:
Encourage international film culture and expose it to the local, national and international university sector as well as the general public.
The program will consist of four competitive categories. In each one of them can be granted one or more special mentions, but only one winner will be considered for each.
Best Short Film Fiction
Best Short Film Animation
Best Short Documentary
Best Short Film Experimental
As every year, the Allucinema Screening will include a selection of short films out of competition, by the festival's programming team.
Within the same competitive categories, three additional prizes will be awarded, considering the place of production or place of origin of the director, being able to obtain one single award:
-Best Mexican Short Film
-Best Poblano Short Film
-Best Quintanarroense Short Film
The participation of short films and projects in any of the competitive and noncompetitive categories as well as Mexican, Poblano and Quintanarroense prizes will be under consideration of the Selection Committee of the Allucinema International University Film Festival.
1. The directors of short films, regardless of their nationality, must be graduated or currently coursing a higher level program in any institution of any country, or be a maximum of four years graduated (verifiable). In his/her filmography there should not be completed feature film projects or television series as writers or directors.
2. The date of production for competitive categories will be considered from the opening of this call up to two years before, that is, from January 1st, 2015, until the closing date on June 15, 2017. As for the Non-Competitive screening there are no restrictions as to the year of production. In both, Competitive and Noncompetitive films Rule Number 1 applies to both.
3. Film length registered will be up to 30 minutes (including credits).
4. There is no restriction on the number of projects registered per participant.
5. Entries may have been submitted to another national or international festival,
without having been published on any online platform.
6. There is no restriction on the theme of the films
7. The Selection Committee is empowered to change the materials registered to a
more appropriate category if considered.
8. Films and projects in languages different than Spanish should be subtitled.
9. Once a project has been registered and selected, in screening or competition, it
cannot be withdrawn from the official program of the Festival.
10. Once the material is registered, the director authorizes Allucinema
International University FIlm Festival for the exhibition of the material during the festival and to be included in promotions; as well as to exhibit them in other fora or non-profit cinematographic exhibitions.
11. The directors of the registered projects should be responsible for the authorship of their works, assuming that the short film or project must be unpublished or have the rights due. In case there is a violation it will result in direct disqualification. In case there is any complain regarding the authorship of the registered projects, even already exhibited, Allucinema International University Film Festival and all its members, partners and sponsors, are detached from any responsibility.
12. Any issue not specified in this call will be resolved under criteria of the Selection Committee.
The registration process will be carried out as from the announcement of this call and until June 15th, 2017. Only registered projects will be accepted through the specialized online platform FilmFreeway, which must have the following requirements:
● Category to which it subscribes
● Title of the project
● Country of production
● Duration length
● Director's name
● List of the main members of the production team (script, photography, sound,
editing, art and music)
● Video in NTSC format at 24 fps in HD or Full HD
Competitive material will be viewed and evaluated by a jury made up of personalities from the film field. The final decisions will be unappealable.
SELECTION AND AWARD
The titles and authors of the material that manage to reach the stage of Official Selection and Exhibition (noncompetitive) will be published in the social networks of the Festival, also each author will be informed via email, and later be requested to be present at the Award ceremony on September 23, 2017, when all winners of each and every categories, as well as the special Mexican, Poblano and Quintanarroense prizes will be announced too.
The Organizing Committee will announce the order and dates of exhibition of the selected audiovisuals.
INQUIRIES AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Any issues related to this call will be answered via email to the following: