ALFF aims to provide a space for emerging and independent cinema, promoting young filmmakers and their original and inventive works as well as to focus on professions in cinema, essential for the final version of the film, through workshops and lectures.
The Artistic Direction will nominate a Jury composed of at least three personalities from the world of cinema, which will award the following prizes:
• Best Film
• Special Jury Prize "I mestieri del cinema" (professions in cinema).
International Short Film Competition
- The films are selected at the incontestable discretion of the Artistic Direction of the Festival.
- The section is reserved for short films not more than 30 minutes in length completed after January 1st, 2021, without limitation regarding style or genre. The date of the film’s first public screening is determinant. Each filmmaker could submit no more than two films.
- The Artistic Direction will nominate an International Jury composed of at least five personalities from the world of cinema, which will award the following prizes:
• Best short film
• Special Jury Prize “I mestieri del cinema” (professions in cinema)
Film registration and deadline
The official Festival registration form must be filled out online at the Festival website (www.alff.it). Copyright holders of the films who intend to participate in the Festival (in any section) must send a streaming link or upload a file following the procedures indicated on the entry form, along with the plot of the film and the filmmaker’s bio-filmography, by and no later than August 15th, 2022.
Exclusively for the films invited to the Festival: the Programming Office will send a request for complete documentation and provide a list of required material.
- Foreign films will be screened in their original version with Italian subtitles. For films not in the English language, the producers are invited, if possible, to provide an English subtitled print.
- The Festival Organizers will publish a general catalog of all the participating films.
- Shipping costs will be covered by the entrant, except when other agreements have been made with the Festival Organizers.
- The Festival Organizers reserve the right to make decisions on matters not specified herein.
- A Selection Committee (with an advisory brief) made up of film experts will assist the Artistic Directorship in the scouting and selection of works for the Festival.
- The producers and distributors of all films selected undertake to make mention in their publicity and advertising materials (posters, press-kits, trailers, website, etc.) of the selection of the film for the Festival, by featuring the official logo which will be supplied by the Artistic Direction. The logo must not under any circumstances be modified or altered without the prior permission of the Festival.