The Albanian Film Association is accepting submissions for its annual Albanian Short Film Night, held in Toronto, Canada, the hub for global cinema! We are looking for Albanian language, produced, and themed, short films from all over the world!
In recent years Albanian short films from Kosovo, Albania, Macedonia and abroad have made powerful impressions in the international festival circuit. New and unique voices have emerged on screen, presenting stories that touch and inform and that are now reaching wider audiences.
The Albanian Film Association has therefore thought it right to bring these films to Toronto, not only for the Albanian community, but also for the general public. We wish to present this renaissance of Albanian film in our home city, and to give Albanian filmmakers an even wider audience with whom to share their work.
1. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. If not in English, all films must have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video or as a password-protected streaming URL. We do not accept DVDs or Blu Rays.
3. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival at email@example.com immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
4. Films may have been completed at any time.
5. Short Films that have played in other theatrical of festival settings to a public audience are welcome to submit.
6. AFA reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund.
Originality and Permissions
1. Films must be the original work of the applicants.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights.
3. We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished and will judge each submission as a completed work, whether it is or not. Once a film is entered, we will not update the submission with a more recent cut. Should the film be accepted to play during the Festival, the filmmaker will have the opportunity to supply the Festival with their most recent version.
4. Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund.
Selected Films and Winners
1. Final film selection is up to the sole discretion of the Albanian Film Association.