This is one of the most unique film festivals in Europe which focuses in Cinematic Monologues.
In the past Agrinio was the center of the ancient kingdom of Aetolia, the place where Queen Leda, mother of Helen of Troy (a.k.a Beautiful Helen) was born.
We decided to keep a strong bond with this important part of history by naming our festival "Leda's Monologues".
All submitted films that meet our requirements and are selected participate in the contest.
The "Selected Films" will be screened live in Agrinio.
The "Best Films" which will get the highest score by our jury will be awarded.
"Best Short Film", "Best International Monologue", "Best Monologue from Agrinio", "Best Original Soundtrack" and "Best Script."
The "Audience Award" is an award given by the audience in each category by voting which movie they liked best.
Winners receive a statuette of Leda, uniquely created by the artist Nefeli Ekati Katsarou and advisory support for their next script. Also, they get a free entry code for the next edition of the festival.
"Out of competition" films, if selected, participate in the festival's youtube channel list and the local event screenings.
"Semi-Finalists" that won't make it to the final program can be screened in the online platform of the festival.
* All submissions are accepted exclusively via FilmFreeway.
* Your film should have a minimum length of 40'' and a maximum of 15' (exceptionally we can accept longer videos).
* By submitting you agree that excerpts of your movie could be used for promotional purposes (festival's trailer, photos in articles etc)
You can change that, if you do not want it by mentioning so at any time.
* If you are submitting more than one entry, a separate submission is required for each film.
* Promoting violence in any form in the film is unacceptable.