This is the international forum for the best and most inspiring independent films of the year. Encompassing all aspects of adventure from serious outdoor exploration to environmental heroism, we showcase the gripping tales from the edge of the believable. Witness gritty, profound, shocking, visceral, and inspiring films that manifest the spirit of adventure. These journeys and stories are where dreams are born and legends are made. We hope you will celebrate, with us, the fantastic and poignant stories of people, passion, and adventure.
This three-day homegrown event premieres a powerful collection of the year’s most insightful and award-winning outdoor and environmental films at the Boulder Theater. The weekend festivities also include interactive Adventure Film and Photography Workshop guided by world class filmmakers, Family & Kid’s Festival, live performances, outdoor activities, backcountry gourmet cooking workshops, virtual reality, special appearances, and massive gear raffles. The festival also incorporates an Adventure Street Fair featuring live music, vendor village with exciting giveaways, gourmet food trucks, and Beer Garden. Adventure Film’s compelling line-up is handpicked by a dedicated, Boulder-based selection committee from over 500 entries submitted from all over the world. With the support of filmmakers, sponsors, non-profits, partners, volunteers—all adventurers — Adventure Film Festival will feature the 2018 award winners on a World Tour traveling from Boulder to Chicago, New York, LA, Seattle, Bozeman, Santiago, Kathmandu, Bombay, and several major cities in between.
More than 50,000 film lovers attend this grassroots celebration and its accompanying international tour. Throughout it all, AFF visitors draw inspiration from powerful keynote speakers, unforgettable films, and the social opportunities that can emerge only within an energized community of like-minded adventurers. AFF offers filmmaker awards in several different categories and more than $15,000 USD in cash and prizes.
We know that producing a strong film requires blood, sweat and tears. Many producers have created these films out of a passion for adventure and art and never see any dividends. We exist to honor those efforts and give credibility to them. We take our job very seriously as we know you do.
Upon entering The Adventure Film Festival (AFF) the artist(s) grant permission for the following:
1. AFF is permitted to screen accepted films at the Festival events.
2. AFF is granted the royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to exhibit any and all films, publicity materials related to the film, including but not limited to stills, press releases, bios, and trailers, in whole or in part, without limitation to territory, and /or to include said publicity materials with other works in any form, media, or technology. Film makers may request in writing to opt out of this clause.
3. The artist(s) warrants and represents to AFF that he/she alone created the work, possesses unencumbered title thereto and has the right to enter into this Agreement with AFF. The artists(s) further warrants and represents that the work is original and does not infringe upon the title,
literary or musical property or copyright of any other work or statutory, common law or other rights
(including rights of privacy) of any person, firm or corporation.
4. It is the responsibility of the artist(s) to obtain rights and permission for use of music, film footage, and all other creative work related to their films prior to entering the Adventure Film Festival. AFF is not responsible for any infringement of such rights.
CHECK LIST: (please include the following with your entry)
(1) Production still photo and (1) Director photo minimum of 300dpi.
A short director's biography. (optional, but required after acceptance)
3. A short film/video synopsis.
4. Entry fee (by check, credit card, or cashiers check)
5. Previews are accepted on the following formats: Online or hard drive.
6. Please mark all submission media clearly with name, address, email, title, FilmFreeway tracking numbers, and running time.