The AIFF is a unique Film event for you to network and discover future trends on a worldwide level.
The festival runs in 4 quarters.
Each year we will hold our annual AIFF Gala-Event
where we will SCREEN the best films from the 4 quarters in the OFFICIAL SELECTION,
which have a competitive character,
for PRESS, DISTRIBUTION, FILMMAKERS and general admitted AUDIENCE.
We offer an atmosphere for the film enthusiast to interact with filmmakers as well as filmmakers being able to interact and network with each other and industry professionals.
The festivities will culminate in the announcement of the winners of 2017 AIFF at the red carpet AWARDS CEREMONY honoring great movie ideas, productions and film & television concepts.
The AIFF was established to showcasing and celebrating the best INDEPENDENT FILMS from already established filmmakers as well as great work from NEW UPCOMING TALENT and artist FROM AROUND THE WORLD and to assisting in the building of a shared artistic experience.
Our principal mission is to bring worthy filmmakers to the widest possible audience.
We focus on finding diverse independent films with strong characters and storylines, from filmmakers who share their visions in a powerful, creative and entertaining way and encourage all filmmakers to submit their films, regardless of ETHNICITY, RELIGION or WORLDVIEW.
Special attention will be paid to STUDENTS' WORKS which provides significant discounts.
The committee welcome, select and judge all films equally and with great respect and consideration.
AIFF has 4 film festivals based around the world and spread throughout the year.
The first edition of the AURORA IFF will take place in March 2018 in Moscow at the Mirage Cinema Theatre.
We will update you as soon as possible about the other locations.
>World Panorama DRAMATIC Competition
* Cinema America
* Cinema Europe
* Cinema of Asia and Africa
>World Panorama DOCUMENTARY Competition
>World Panorama ANIMATION Competition
>Activism in Context Competition
* Human Rights
Awards & Prizes
The juries will award the following prizes to films in the festival’s competition programmes:
*GRAND PRIX for most promising talent (Majestic CRYSTAL EAGLE TROPHY)
*AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD (Graceful CRYSTAL EAGLE TROPHY)
*AWARD OF RECOGNITION (Soaring CRYSTAL EAGLE TROPHY)
*AWARD OF DISTINCTION (Challenge CRYSTAL EAGLE TROPHY)
*HUMANITARIAN AWARD (Courage CRYSTAL EAGLE TROPHY)
*All WINNERS and NOMINEES will get our official CERTIFICATE and gifts from our sponsors and media partners.
Best Narrative Feature
Best Narrative Short
Best Documentary Feature
Best Documentary Short
Best Original Score
Best WOMAN DIRECTOR
The international jury may determine at its discretion the award an Honorable Mention to the films, directors, actors and deemed appropriate and relevant to distinguish over the other awards.
Rules & Terms
1) Only online Submission will accepted through film festival platform FilmFreeway.
2) All submissions are final. Entries will not be processed without entry fee payment. No Checks are accepted to pay submission fees, only online payment through Festival Platforms. Entrance fee is non-refundable.
3) The Festival does not pay screening fees.
4) Submissions in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
5) After a film has been selected and the filmmaker is notified, the film will be listed on the festival web site under official selections until festival edition not over. Irrespective of whether it wins any awards or not.
6) By submitting to the Festival you confirm that you own the rights of the film and you agree to allow your project to be shown by the Film Festival. Your name and information about your project may be used for promotion.
7) Any film in any format will be consider as private screening. Password protected entries will also consider in same category.
8) All selected films will remain on our website for as long as the edition of festival is in existence. Please note that you can request to delete or update your link every time you need.
9) All genre films will accepted.
10) Multiple entries are allowed. You can submit more than one film to the same category or different category.
11) Each film cannot be older than 2 years from the current festival year.
12) The festival has the right to disqualify or remove any winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
13) The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
14) The Festival reserves the right to shut the festival at any time without any notification.
15) Should the jury determine that no film was outstanding in an award category, no award will be presented. The festival reserves the right to modify the Cash and Goods prizes as listed in the Categories - as per sponsorship agreements.
16) Any Film, selected or not selected, will be a decision of selection panel. The decision of jury members will be final and accepted by all.