Amartya Ray is a direction and screenplay alumni from Film and Television Institute of India (FTII). His directorial works:
- Portraits: 2020 (Fur gold lotus for best fiction PSBT challenge; 13th IDSFFK Official Selection; official selection at changing perspectives international film festival) - short fiction
- Our Mountain Valley Home (officially selection at Dharamshala International Film Festival 2020; 13th IDSFFK Official Selection) - short documentary
- SINKING (Diplom film; short fiction 24mins)
- Petrichor (Single Take short fiction project)
- Dhulo (FTII short fiction project)
He is currently co-creating a web drama and writing for his first feature. Alongside this he plans on making an experimental documentary mapping the monsoon during the lockdown.
Amartya is also a singer-songwriter and an actor. He has acted in three feature films, two of which have been released nationally and one still in production. He believes that the inter-disciplinary forms allow him to learn from each other and ultimately help in telling a better story.
Amartya wants to identify the “human” in today’s changing world through his narratives, images, sounds and mis-en-scene.