Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival is the biggest Independent Film Festival in Central Asia.
The goals and objectives of the Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival are:
to encourage artists and filmmakers to push the boundaries of conservative and conventional forms of filmmaking;
to inspire first-time filmmakers and uncover new talent;
to foster local interest in art house and independent films;
to connect underexposed filmmakers to a keen audience.
Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival has been known as the first and foremost experimental film festival in Central Asia as Golden Reel International Underground Film Festival for 4 years. Starting from the 2017 edition, the film festival is broadening its reach of filmmaking world and will receive conventional films in three of the categories (narrative short, documentary short, animation short).
This film festival provides a platform for aspiring young filmmakers to explore and experiment with alternative cinema, and showcase their burgeoning talents to a growing audience of movie-lovers.
The previous honorary guests and jury members were celebrated filmmakers such as Fatih Akin, Peter Tscherkassky, Eve Heller and others.
Altan Khalis Award (Grand Prix) 1000 USD Cash Prize
Reel Deal Award - The Best of each category (with special mentions)
1) Films that are 30 minutes or less can be submitted.
2) Upon submission of a project, the user certifies that all materials submitted to Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival is his or her own work, and that all other information provided, is true and factual.
3) All the submitted films will become part of Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival archives and will be made available for screening for publicity and non-profit purposes. We will not acquire the copyright.
4) In case of any unforeseen circumstances, the festival committee reserves the right to change the dates of the festival.
5) Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival will take considerable care to protect all information received, but in the event of information theft, the organisation is void of responsibilities, related profits, expenses and liabilities arising from the incident.
6) Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival will take reasonable care to protect all materials received. However, in the event where similar or identical materials, in terms of idea, plot, theme or other elements, have been created by the other filmmakers, the festival and its staff are void of responsibilities and the obligation to compensate. Similar or identical materials are purely coincidental and have been independently created.
7) Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival reserves the right to organize the presentation of materials in any order.
8) You agree to indemnify and hold Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival harmless, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity.
9) If selected we will need digital screening formats such as high quality H264/x264 files which can be downloaded through cloud services (Wetransfer, MEGA, Dropbox, etc.) Send us an e-mail for details.
10) If not selected Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival will not explain from on behalf of its selection committee to the submitters.
11) By submitting your film to the Altan Khalis Independent Film Festival the individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
12) All entry fees are non-refundable.