The AFMA Film Festival of Young Cinema has come to its 7th year in 2020. It is an annual showcase of new film arts by young and talented Chinese filmmakers. Through various events, the festival thrives to unite student filmmakers, industry professionals, and investors to create an international platform for cinematic arts, while promoting communication and collaborations. The film festival takes place in Los Angeles, California each Spring and features screenings, Q&As, industry panels, and award ceremonies. The AFMA Film Festival of Young Cinema is fully organized and hosted by Annenberg Film Marketing Association (AFMA), a student organization based at the University of Southern California (USC).
Best Picture (Narrative/Documentary/Animation & Experimentation)
Best Original Screenplay
Best Film Editing
1. All films must be mainly produced/directed by Chinese young filmmakers.
2. Only short films will be taking into consideration (duration less than 45 mins) for festival competition.
3. All films must have BOTH Chinese and English subtitles at the time submitted.
4.. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via a participating submission platform (FilmFreeway), or a password-protected streaming URL (please test before sending).
5. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival at email@example.com immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
6. Films must have been completed after September 1, 2018.
7. AFMA reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries.
8. Films that are selected to screen at the Festival may not necessarily be in the finalist for awards purposes. Notifications regarding potential selection for awards possibly may occur subsequent to notifications of acceptance for the exhibition.
9. AFMA reserves the right of using part of submitted film content (image, video, sound, dialogue, etc.) for the film festival promotional purpose.
10. The official entry fee for films submitted directly through FilmFreeway is $10. AFMA reserves the right of final explanation.