The Lab at the Athena Film Festival is now in its third year, this two-day lab consists of intensive script development with seasoned mentors. It is designed for female writers who have not yet had a feature-length fictional script produced. Screenplays must include one or more strong female characters in leadership roles at the center of the story and must be feature-length narratives.
The two-day lab will take place February 28 - March 1, 2019, in New York City.
-Writers who identify as female. Projects with more than one writer (both have to
identify as female) can be considered.
- Writers who have not yet had a feature-length narrative film or TV pilot or teleplay
- Projects must include a strong female character in a leadership role at the center of the
- Projects must be feature-length narrative scripts in English
of no more than 120 pages.
- We seek projects from all genres about women from all racial, ethnic, socioeconomic
and cultural groups.
- If chosen as a finalist, you will be asked to submit a one-page personal statement.
- There will be 8 writers accepted per lab, chosen by January 16, 2019.
**Scripts submitted to the Athena List are not eligible for this workshop.**
If selected to participate in the lab, you must be available to be in New York City, February 28- March 1, 2019 (no travel stipend provided).