The Athena Film Festival and IRIS present the Lab. The Lab consists of two days of intensive script development with seasoned mentors. It is designed for female writers who have not yet had a feature-length fictional script produced. Screenplays must include one or more strong female characters in leadership roles at the center of the story and must be feature-length narratives.
The two-day lab will take place February 28 - March 1, 2019, in New York City.
-Writers who identify as female. Projects with more than one writer (both have to
identify as female) can be considered.
- Writers who have not yet had a feature-length narrative film or TV pilot or teleplay
- Projects must include a strong female character in a leadership role at the center of the
- Projects must be feature-length narrative scripts in English
of no more than 120 pages.
- We seek projects from all genres about women from all racial, ethnic, socioeconomic
and cultural groups.
- If chosen as a finalist, you will be asked to submit a one-page personal statement.
- There will be 8 writers accepted per lab, chosen by January 16, 2019.
**Scripts submitted to the Athena List are not eligible for this workshop.**
If selected to participate in the lab, you must be available to be in New York City, February 28- March 1, 2019 (no travel stipend provided).