Mission Statement: Artists for Creative Theatre is a 501c3 non-profit organization that
empowers a diverse group of young artists to create productions and artistic works of
expression to promote social change in our lives and communities.
The Act Film Festival will feature short films that are by and for the idea of social change in our
communities. Screenings will take place at various locations in NYC. Please review the schedule
and location details at artistforcreativetheatre.org The Festival dates are August 7th & 8th
The festival will be a two night event. August 7th 2015 will be our premiere opening night,
presenting a feature film, followed by our second night of short films.
There will be awards
given in 3 categories for the short films event. 1st is audience choice 2nd is best film and 3rd is
Rules for Film Submission
To be eligible for consideration:
1. Film submissions for the ACT film festival are now open until (June 27th 2015).
2. Film makers can only submit one film at a time.
3. Last day for late submissions is July 15th 2015.
4. All short films should NOT exceed 20 minutes in length.
5. Entrants must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, film
length, entry material and other requirements in order to be admitted into film festival.
6. Non-English language works must have English subtitles at the time submitted. Dialogue lists will
not be accepted.
7. Films submitted must be of original content, any note of copyright or plagiarism will be
8. In order to be eligible for the Festival, your film must have been completed by July 1st 2015 in
order to be considered for the August 2015 Festival.
9. Films must not have been entirely or partially broadcasted and/or made available on television,
the internet, mobile phones and/or any other public viewing platform until the 3rd Annual ACT
film Festival closes on August 8th 2015.
10. Films that have been submitted to earlier editions of ACT Film Festival will not be considered
unless substantial changes have been made since the initial submission.
11. Payments must be made in full on or before set deadline July 15th 2015. Late submissions must
email Actincfilms@gmail.com with submission form, and summary as to why they should be
accepted into the film festival.