The AFME Foundation is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization that produces the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience (AFME). Born, raised and nurtured by the entire Albuquerque community, we invite you to BE PART OF THE EXPERIENCE!
AFME brings award-winning filmmakers, screenwriters, musicians, artists, distributors, industry experts, producers, casting directors and visionaries together from around the world to celebrate the art of storytelling and collaborate into the future.
The AFME Foundation brings together A-list talent with high school and college students, filmmakers, musicians, local businesses and the entire community to provide educational opportunities, scholarships, and social and economic impact through year-round events.
To enhance cultural richness by bringing together experts with novices for educational exchanges of mutual benefit, providing entertainment for the community, contributing to the creative economy and supporting Albuquerque as an epicenter for film, music and the arts.
Going into its 7th year, AFME is an advocate for the educational advancement of film, music and the arts, hosting over 7,000 people through year-round programs. We present domestic and international movies, engaging panels and workshops, concerts, and an extraordinary platform to network and build strong personal and professional relationships.
On behalf of the AFME Foundation Board of Directors, our Staff and Volunteers, THANK YOU FOR SUBMITTING AND BEING PART OF THE EXPERIENCE!
For a listing of Past Attendees, please visit www.abqfilmx.com/past-participants
Unique Native American pottery awards, budgeting and producing software packages and certificates are presented for the following categories at the Closing Awards Ceremony:
Robert & Sibylle Redford Creative Achievement Award
Dennis Hopper "Easy Rider" Award
AFME Impact Award
AFME Visionary Award
AFME Music Award
AFME Social Impact Award
Best Short Drama
Best Short Comedy
Best Short Documentary
Best Actor Award
Best Actress Award
Best Director Award
Best New Mexico-made Movie
Best Music Video
Best Animated Project
To view Past Award Winners, please visit www.abqfilmx.com/award-winners
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By submitting to the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience, filmmakers understand the terms and conditions and have read the below guidelines.
The following will apply IF my movie is selected:
1. My movie will be screened during the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience and will be eligible to win a filmmaker award. If you have requested a fee waiver, your project can be screened at the festival, but will not be eligible for an award.
2. My exhibition copy of the movie will be sent to AFME via electronic file (mp4), on a thumb drive or hard drive as a DCP or Mp4 with a BluRay or DVD back up no later than Friday, April 26, 2019. All files must be formatted for a PC. IF YOUR SCREENING/EXHIBITION COPY IS NOT RECEIVED BY THIS DATE, IT WILL NOT BE SCREENED AS PART OF OUR PROGRAM. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Once again, if your movie is not received by April 26, 2019 in screening/exhibition format, it WILL NOT be screen at AFME 2019.
3. My movie may be utilized for promotional purposes by AFME, limited to private screenings and preview-only copies for press and supporters, unless otherwise arranged with AFME.
4. A sample clip of my movie (up to 30 seconds in length) may be promoted via the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience website, ticketing site utilized by AFME, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, or any other social media site with respect to promoting AFME and the screening of my movie.
5. I permit AFME to use my name and stills from my movie (at least one print-quality version provided upon request) for all promotional purposes.
The following will apply for all movie submissions:
1. AFME retains the right to archive the submitted file, BluRay or DVD screener copy of my movie in physical and/or digital format solely for historical and research purposes, and will not publicly screen it without my permission. All submissions should be downloaded to FilmFreeway for easy access to the entire AFME screening committee.
2. AFME will conduct private screening sessions with its screening team to review submissions, which may include my movie.
3. AFME will not return any DVD or Blue Ray screeners received unless filmmaker requests and pays for shipping when the dvd/bluray/hard drive/thumb drive is sent to AFME in screening/exhibition format. Filmmakers are responsible to supply a prepaid, self addressed envelope to AFME if filmmaker wants movie shipped back to them.
4. AFME does not provide refunds on submission fees.
You must complete a separate submission if submitting more than one movie. Entry fees are per movie entered and must be paid and confirmed on FilmFreeway. Films previously entered may not be resubmitted unless there are substantial changes. Please contact AFME if you need to re-submit your project.
Entries are accepted in the following formats: Electronic download (mp4 preferred), DVD, Blu-ray, thumb drive or hard drive, mp4 or DCP. Please note: Electronic download (mp4) or DCP is preferred. We do not accept VHS for screening purposes.
All DVD(s) and Blu-ray(s) must be labeled (preferably using permanent marker/ink) with film title, filmmaker name, phone, email and date of final version. All thumb drives or hard drives must be PC-compatible.
If mailing your exhibition copy, please include the following: TWO (2) copies of your film and SASE if you require shipment back to you after AFME. Do not include press kits of any kind or packing popcorn/styrofoam. We recommend mailing your film(s) via the post office, Fedex or UPS.
All submitting filmmakers will be notified regarding acceptance between March 1st and March 15th, 2019 by the email address provided at the time of submission.
All filmmakers whose work is accepted into the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience and who are attending the festival MUST have a smile on their face, play nice with others and BE PART OF THE EXPERIENCE during their time in Albuquerque. NO EXCEPTIONS!