ATTENTION ALL FILMMAKERS: DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, AFMX WILL BE PRESENTING AN ONLINE VIRTUAL FESTIVAL. THE UNCERTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES AND REGULATIONS IN ALBUQUERQUE MAY VERY WELL EXTEND INTO THE FALL. THE ENTIRE TEAM AT AFMX IS TAKING EVERY PRECAUTION TO KEEP OUR STAFF, SPONSORS, AND FILMMAKERS SAFE AND HEALTHY BY FOLLOWING ALL CITY, COUNTY AND STATE GUIDELINES. WITH THAT SAID, WE WILL KICK OUR MARKETING AND PR INTO HIGH GEAR ONCE FILMS ARE SELECTED AND KEEP EVERYONE POSTED ON THE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR AFMX 2020. WE WILL HAVE JUST AS MUCH IMPACT ONLINE AS WE HAVE IN-PERSON. AND, WE ARE LOOKING INTO PRESENTING A PORTION OF THE PROGRAM AS A DRIVE-IN MOVIE OPTION. MORE TO COME. THANK YOU FOR BEING PART OF THE EXPERIENCE.
The Albuquerque Film & Music Experience (AFMX) hosts over 7,000 attendees each year and presents a fusion of film, music and special events that create a unique and intimate experience for everyone in attendance.
AFMX brings together award-winning and up-and-coming filmmakers and musicians to showcase and celebrate film and music, and provide a platform for education, collaboration, discovery and the sharing of stories.
To enhance cultural richness by integrating film and music programs that provide entertainment and education for the community, contribute to the creative economy and support Albuquerque as an epicenter for film, music and the arts.
AFMX is very selective with films that have the highest production quality and value when it comes to cinematography, sound, music, editing, lighting, acting, and all of the other details that go into making a great film.
The Albuquerque Film & Music Experience is presented by the AFME Foundation, a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization.
For a listing of Past Attendees, please visit www.abqfilmx.com/past-participants
Unique Native American pottery awards, budgeting and producing software packages and certificates are presented for the following categories at the Closing Awards Ceremony:
Robert & Sibylle Redford Award for Creative Achievement
Dennis Hopper "Easy Rider" Award
AFMX Social Impact Award
AFMX Music Award
Best Student Film
Best Animated Film
Best Music Video
Best New Mexico Film
Best New Mexico Director
Best New Mexico Actor
Best New Mexico Actress
To view Past Award Winners, please visit www.abqfilmx.com/award-winners
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By submitting to the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience, filmmakers understand the terms and conditions and have read the below guidelines.
The following will apply IF my movie is selected:
1. My movie will be screened during the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience and will be eligible to win a filmmaker award. If you have requested a fee waiver, your project can be screened at the festival, but will not be eligible for an award.
2. My exhibition copy of the movie will be sent to AFMX via a compressed electronic file (mp4 preferred). If sending a thumb drive or hard drive DCP, a BluRay back ishould be included with the shipment. ALL films must be received no later than Monday, August 17, 2020. All files MUST be formatted for a PC (not Apple).
IF YOUR SCREENING/EXHIBITION COPY IS NOT RECEIVED BY MONDAY, AUGUST 17, 2020, IT MAY NOT BE SCREENED AS PART OF OUR PROGRAM.
3. My movie may be utilized for promotional purposes by AFMX, limited to private screenings and preview-only copies for press and supporters, unless otherwise arranged with AFMX.
4. A sample clip of my movie or trailer may be promoted via the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience website, ticketing site utilized by AFMX, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, or any other social media site with respect to promoting AFMX and the screening of my movie.
5. I permit AFMX to use my name and stills from my movie (at least one print-quality and one web version provided upon request) for all promotional purposes.
The following will apply for all movie submissions:
1. AFMX retains the right to archive the submitted file or copy of my movie in physical and/or digital format solely for historical and research purposes, and will not publicly screen it without my permission. All submissions should be downloaded to FilmFreeway for easy access to the entire AFMX screening committee.
2. AFMX will conduct private screening sessions with its screening team to review submissions, which may include my movie.
3. AFMX will not return any thumb drives, hard drives or discs received unless filmmaker requests and pays for shipping. Filmmakers are responsible to supply a prepaid, self addressed envelope or packaging to AFMX that should be sent with original shipment of exhibition copy.
4. AFMX does not provide refunds on submission fees.
You must complete a separate submission if submitting more than one movie. Entry fees are per movie entered and must be paid and confirmed on FilmFreeway. Films previously entered may not be resubmitted unless there are substantial changes. Please contact AFMX if you need to re-submit your project.
If mailing your exhibition copy, please include the following: TWO (2) copies of your film and SASE if you require shipment back to you after AFMX. Do not include press kits of any kind or packing popcorn/styrofoam. We recommend mailing your film(s) via the post office, Fedex or UPS.
All filmmakers with selected projects will be notified regarding acceptance by Friday, July 24, 2020 by the email address provided at the time of submission.
We highly suggested that all filmmakers whose work is submitted into the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience prepare to attend the festival if your project is accepted.