The Albuquerque Film & Music Experience (AFMX) hosts over 7,000 attendees each year and presents a fusion of film, music and special events that create a unique and intimate experience for everyone in attendance.
AFMX brings together award-winning and up-and-coming filmmakers and musicians from around the world to showcase and celebrate film and music, and provide a platform for education, collaboration, discovery and the sharing of impactful stories.
To enhance cultural richness by integrating film and music programs that provide entertainment and education for the community, contribute to the creative economy and support Albuquerque as an epicenter for film, music and the arts.
Beginning in 2019, our program will be quite selective with only 40 to 45 projects accepted into the festival. This will allow everyone to experience films, Intimate Conversations, concerts, after parties and special events together.
The Albuquerque Film & Music Experience is presented by the AFMX Foundation, a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization.
For a listing of Past Attendees, please visit www.abqfilmx.com/past-participants
Unique Native American pottery awards, budgeting and producing software packages and certificates are presented for the following categories at the Closing Awards Ceremony:
Robert & Sibylle Redford Creative Achievement Award
Dennis Hopper "Easy Rider" Award
AFMX Impact Award
AFMX Visionary Award
AFMX Music Award
Best Short Drama
Best Short Comedy
Best Short Documentary
Best Student Film ($1,000 prize to the winner)
Best Actor Award
Best Actress Award
Best Director Award
Best Music Video
Best Animated Project
To view Past Award Winners, please visit www.abqfilmx.com/award-winners
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By submitting to the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience, filmmakers understand the terms and conditions and have read the below guidelines.
The following will apply IF my movie is selected:
1. My movie will be screened during the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience and will be eligible to win a filmmaker award. If you have requested a fee waiver, your project can be screened at the festival, but will not be eligible for an award.
2. My exhibition copy of the movie will be sent to AFMX via electronic file (mp4 preferred), on a thumb drive or hard drive as a digital file, DCP or Mp4 with bluray or dvd back up no later than August 15, 2019. All files MUST be formatted for a PC (not Apple).
IF YOUR SCREENING/EXHIBITION COPY IS NOT RECEIVED BY THIS DATE, IT MAY NOT BE SCREENED AS PART OF OUR PROGRAM.
Once again, if your movie is not received by August 15, 2019 in screening/exhibition format, it MAY NOT be screen at AFMX 2019.
3. My movie may be utilized for promotional purposes by AFMX, limited to private screenings and preview-only copies for press and supporters, unless otherwise arranged with AFMX.
4. A sample clip of my movie or trailer may be promoted via the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience website, ticketing site utilized by AFMX, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, or any other social media site with respect to promoting AFMX and the screening of my movie.
5. I permit AFMX to use my name and stills from my movie (at least one print-quality and one web version provided upon request) for all promotional purposes.
The following will apply for all movie submissions:
1. AFMX retains the right to archive the submitted file, BluRay or DVD screener copy of my movie in physical and/or digital format solely for historical and research purposes, and will not publicly screen it without my permission. All submissions should be downloaded to FilmFreeway for easy access to the entire AFMX screening committee.
2. AFMX will conduct private screening sessions with its screening team to review submissions, which may include my movie.
3. AFMX will not return any thumb drives, hard drives, DVD or Blue Ray screeners received unless filmmaker requests and pays for shipping. Filmmakers are responsible to supply a prepaid, self addressed envelope or packaging to AFMX that should be sent with original shipment of exhibition copy.
4. AFMX does not provide refunds on submission fees.
You must complete a separate submission if submitting more than one movie. Entry fees are per movie entered and must be paid and confirmed on FilmFreeway. Films previously entered may not be resubmitted unless there are substantial changes. Please contact AFMX if you need to re-submit your project.
Entries are accepted in the following formats: Electronic download (mp4 preferred), DVD, Blu-ray, thumb drive or hard drive, mp4, or DCP.
All DVD(s) and Blu-ray(s) must be labeled (preferably using permanent marker/ink) with film title, filmmaker name, phone, email and date of final version. All thumb drives or hard drives must be PC-compatible.
If mailing your exhibition copy, please include the following: TWO (2) copies of your film and SASE if you require shipment back to you after AFMX. Do not include press kits of any kind or packing popcorn/styrofoam. We recommend mailing your film(s) via the post office, Fedex or UPS.
All submitting filmmakers will be notified regarding acceptance between June 15 and July 1, 2019 by the email address provided at the time of submission.
All filmmakers whose work is accepted into the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience and who are attending the festival MUST have a smile on their face and BE PART OF THE EXPERIENCE during their time in Albuquerque. NO EXCEPTIONS!