Accra Animation Film Festival is a platform that supports, promotes and offers animators in Africa the opportunity to showcase their artistic work. AAFFia aims at growing the animation ecosystem in Africa and connecting local animators to other professionals in other continents.
We're looking for animated African shorts to screen in our Animated Africa programme at AAFFia 2020. These can be short films, commercials or music videos.
Films submitted to AAFFia must meet the following criteria:
1. The animated shorts must be of African origin. It must either be produced in Africa or by Africans in the diaspora.
1a. In the case of intercontinental collaborations, the film must have 70% African participation.
2. Films must be no longer than 15 minutes.
3. Films must be no older than two years. Thus, films must have been created between 2018 and 2020.
4. Submissions must indicate rating, whether they are G, PG, PG 13, R or NC-17.
5. Works produced in any language other than English must have English subtitles.
6. Films must be submitted preferably in MP4 HD, 1920 x 1080p.
7. While submissions will generally fall under the Animated Africa programme, AAFFia reserves the right to place a submission into one or more different programmes as we deem fit. Animators and producers will be alerted if such a decision is made.
8. Student Film: This category is meant to showcase the incredible work of African students of animation. For this reason, films must be made entirely by students. Student films must have been made while in university or as a final year project. Evidence of a student card and an email confirmation from a Head of Department is a must.
9. Videos must be uploaded directly to FilmFreeway. Alternatively, to a cloud service provider (Google Drive, Dropbox or WeTransfer) and the link shared to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, AAFFia 2020 Submission.
*URL links protected by a password should be downloadable and active up to August 15, 2020.
10. Filmmakers agree to provide screening info (containing description, runtime, language, country of origin, link to a trailer, production year and production credits) and a poster before June 30, 2019.