8th Gujarat International short film festival, 2018and 1st Women international short film festival 2018 are going to be organized at Surat (Gujarat, India) by ‘Academy of Cultural Activities&Art Institute ‘in collaboration with ‘Dream Kreator Digital Studio’. The festival invites short films of any genre from allover the world from the professional/amateur as well as student film makers.The winning films will be awarded in the following categories:
(1) BEST SHORT FILM INTERNATIONAL AWARD -2018
(2) BEST SHORT FILM DOCUMENTARY AWARD -2018
(3) BEST SHORT FILM CHILDREN AWARD -2018
1. BEST DIRECTOR AWARD-2018
2. BEST SCRIPT WRITER AWARD-2018
3. BEST SCREENPLAY WRITER AWARD-2018
4. BEST EDITOR AWARD-2018
5. BEST SOUND DESIGNER AWARD-2018
6. BEST VFX ARTIST AWARD-2018
7. BEST CINEMATOGRPHER AWARD-2018
8. BEST MUSIC DIRECTOR AWARD-2018
9. BEST BACK GROUND SCORE AWARD-2018
SPECIAL CATEGORIES AWARDS:
1. BEST MUSIC VIDEO ALBUM AWARD-2018
2. BEST SHORT FILM ANIMATION AWARD-2018
3. BEST SHORT FILM NARRATIVE AWARD-2018
4. BEST SHORT FILM FICTION AWARD-2018
5. BEST SHORT FILM SOCIAL MESSAGE AWARD-2018
6. BEST SHORT FILM ANIMATION AWARD-2018
7. BEST SHORT FILM EXPERIMENTAL AWARD-2018
8. BEST SHORT FILM NARRATIVE AWARD-2018
THE ENTRY FEES:
1. FOR WOMEN SHORT FILM FESTIVAL - RS 1000
2. For STUDENT/Amateur-RS. 1500/- Non Indian ( usd) $ 22.44
3. For Professional Film Maker-RS.2000/- Non Indian (usd) $ 29.931
Rules & Terms:
1. The film sent to the festival must be originally created. If the participant has used music or any such contents, he/she must have done so after seeking due permission. in that case, the institute will not be responsible for the copyright infringement and plagiarism.
2. The winners of the festival should come to Surat to receive the award on his/ her own expenses. The festival will not provide any travel allowance or accommodation facility.
3. Your entry must contain the list of the team members, technicians separately attached.
4. Films produced after January 1, 2014.
5. Non-Hindi Language short film must have English subtitles.
6. The synopsis of the short film must not exceed 100-120 words.
7. The length of the short film sent for the festival must be minimum 5 minute and maximum 30 minutes.
8. The organizers reserve the right to change the date, venue and rules of the festival, which cannot be objected by any participant or outsider.
9. The film must not show any scene or present any dialogue in its story which may hurt the sentiments of any race or religion or which may be controversial.
10. The participants should abide by the decision of the judges without any objection. If someone would raise any doubt or objection, his/her entry would be eliminated from the festival.
11. Filmmakers whose films are selected by the festival will be informed through email.