This Chandannagar International Short Film Festival aims at creating a platform for better understanding of the films of past and present of the world in an atmosphere of appreciation of the film culture and to move towards excellence of the motion picture art and industry.
Chandannagar International Film Festival, accredited by DE has in its 2nd chapter decided to continue the INTERNATIONAL SHORT COMPETITION.
The 2nd Chandannagar International Film Festival will be held in Chandannagar on December, 2019.
Dreamz Entertainment is a production house which comprises representatives from the motion picture industry, media, cultural organizations, corporate & business houses, film societies.
1. National Category:
Best Short Film - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Best Director (Short Film)
Best Actor (Short Film)
Best Actress (Short Film)
Best Child Actor (Short Film)
Best Story (Short Film)
Best Concept (Short Film)
Best Screenplay (Short Film)
Best D.O.P. (Short Film)
Best Editor (Short Film)
Best Possibility (Short Film)
Best National Short Film(Critics Choice)
Best Regional Short Film(Critics Choice)
Best Documentary Film
2. International Category:
Best International Short Film - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Best International Documentary Film
3. Best Animated Film
4. Best Music Video
5. Powered by Award
Every participants will get certificate.
i. Film should be submitted before deadline. The 2nd Chandannagar International Film Festival, 2019 is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen, or misappropriated entries.
ii. For offline Submission please contact: +91 7003932103/ 7003797489
iii. Entry forms with incorrect/inadequate/illegible/ambiguous particulars will not be considered. The festival committee reserves the right to accept or refuse any film without assigning any reason whatsoever.
iv. DVDs submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be entertained after submission. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit DVDs without any physical/quality defects.
v. The competition is open for professionals as well as students. No separate section for student filmmakers.
vi. Only selected films will be intimated by email. No letters of non-acceptance will be sent. All lists will be available on the Facebook page by November 2019.
vii. A director or production company may enter more than one film(Maximum 3 films), provided a separate entry form accompanies each film. The entry form must clearly mark the section entered for.
viii. Entry Forms should be filled in clearly. Press materials i.e. synopsis (60 words), cast, credit, directors filmography etc. must be sent in separate word file format by email.
ix. If selected for the festival the entrant must undertake to provide publicity clippings for the use of the festival.
1. a) Short Films must be fiction films. Duration(1 min - 20 mins) will be not more than 20 Minutes(Including Cast & Credit).
b) Documentary Films - Duration(1 min - 15 mins) will be not more than 15 Minutes(Including Cast & Credit).
2. a) Animated Films - Duration(1 min - 10 mins) will be not more than 10 Minutes(Including Cast & Credit).
b) Music Video Films - Duration(1 min - 6 mins) will be not more than 6 Minutes(Including Cast & Credit).
3. Films must be completed between 1st March 2017 and 15th August 2019 and duly authenticated by the entrant in the entry form.
4. Any Short Films which were submitted in 1st Chandannagar International Film Festivals (wthether selected or not) will not be accepted and if submitted, will be liable for disqualified and/or rejected.
5. Format for selection process should be in MP4 with English Subtitles only.
6. All non English speaking films in the competition will be screened at the Festival in their original versions, with English subtitles.
7. Films must be available for festival screening on High Quality MP4/MOV format.
8. Entries of all Short Films shall be accepted only in DVD for Technical Committee, Selection Committee & Jury Panel. The festival authorities shall not be held liable for non screening of any submitted Short Film due to defective DVD or any other reason whatsoever.
9. Entries of all films shall be accepted only in DVD OR Online screener. Two DVD’s of the film need to be submitted along with the entry & each preview DVD should be labelled with the title, running- time /duration, language, contact email, phone number & signature of applicant. After official selection, 2 DVD’s without watermark needs to submit again OR through Online screener for projection and promotional purpose.
10. YouTube, Vimeo and Google Drive links are also acceptable for screener/pre selection/preview purpose.
11. Films already released on YouTube are also eligible for participation.
12. The short film can be of any language or of any genre. All non-English films must have English subtitles for festival presentation.
13. If a film is not eligible to be entered in competitive section, it may be eligible for non competition section. The decision for selecting any film for competitive and/or non competitive section solely lies on the jury and festival committee.
14. In the case of co-productions, at least one of the producers/production companies must have the right to sanction the participation of the film in competition in the Festival and authority to receive award, if any, if won.
15. Entries will be subject to preview by a committee for selection constituted by the Directors, CIFF.
16. Entrants must agree that if their film/films win any of the Award, all screenings thereafter will acknowledge the Award(s) on the film itself.
17. Entrants are invited to agree that the concerned professional will receive the award in person, if the film/he/she wins any. For any reason the awardees is not able to personally attend, he or she should immediately in writing, nominate an immediate family member or from the film its producer or director.
18. Eminent Juries will be appointed by the Chandannagar International Film Festival Authority. No person with any involvement in the films will be present on the Jury.
19. Selection of Short Films for 2nd Chandannagar International Film Festival 2019 will be done by a panel of committee whose decision will be final. However, Festival authorities reserve the right to accept or reject any film that is likely to offend sentiments, feelings or sensibilities of any caste, community, religion and section and is likely to promote racism or ill will in the society and for any circumstances festival committee will not be answerable for such decision to any person(s), or company or organisation.
20. The Festival authorities will have the right to screen (maximum 5 screenings) in different cities of India on non- commercial basis. For promotional/publicity purposes, excerpts from any film entered in the festival may be shown on any television network /internet or related media during the festival period.
21. Transportation and insurance cost of DVD’s, related documents, photographs and publicity materials from the country of origin to the Festival Office shall be borne by the applicant.
22. For promotional / publicity purposes, excerpts from any film entered in the festival may be shown on any Television network / Internet or related media during the festival period.
23. Prize and certificate will be awarded to the director (s) or producer(s) of the film. For any duties, fees and charges accrued from the transporting of the trophy, will be covered by the recipient, not the Festival organisers.
24. Cost of courier charge will cover the submitter or Director or Producer, if you are not coming in Kolkata at the day of Award Ceremony.
25. Films once selected and submitted for the final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances, until the Festival is over.
26. Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official festival rules and regulations as established herein. The 2nd Chandannagar International Film Festival, 2019 reserves the right to extend the Festival deadline for any unforeseen reasons if needed. Entry constitutes permission to use winner’s names, likeness and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without any objection and claim.
27. Decision of the Festival Authority regarding all matters not expressly provided for in these regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondences in any regard will be accepted and considered under any circumstances.
28. All submitted Short Films should be original works of film maker and shall not infringe and/or violate copyright whatsoever in nature and dubbed version is not allowed.
29. Entrants will retain all ownership rights to their films submitted.
30. Contestants agree that they have obtained all required permissions regarding music, sound and/or images presented in their short film or documentary. By entering the festival, the entrant agrees that the Festival Committee will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your short film/ documentary and/or any kind of royalty.
31. The entrants may also run the risk of being prosecuted as per the Indian Criminal Procedure Code and the Indian Media Law for any offence or infringement. Racial, religious and regional discrimination shall not be portrayed in any part of the film being submitted.