The 27th San Diego Latino Film Festival Poster Competition is now open for submissions from individuals, teams and design firms from around the world. Submit an iconic design that captures the essence of our annual celebration of Latino film, music, and art for a chance to be the face of the festival.
A panel of distinguished judges (composed of artists, graphic designers, marketing professionals and art educators) will select the winning poster according to the following criteria:
1 - Unique, positive, and non-stereotypical representation of Latino Culture
2 - Clarity and originality of message
3 - Impact, memorability, and appeal to general audiences
4 - Versatility for application on various mediums (web banners, postcards, etc)
5 - Design (type, color, composition, craft)
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK:
Option 1: Via FilmFreeway https://filmfreeway.com/festival/27SDLFFPosterContest Option 2: Via email: www.wetransfer.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK VIA FILMFREEWAY:
1 - Create a profile by Signing Up to become a member with your email address.
2 - Go to the submission website:
You will find rules and guidelines on this page.
3 - Click on the green button "Submit Now" on the right hand side of the page.
- Under "Project Type", select "Photography"
4 - Submit your artwork as a project.
Top Prize: $1,000.00 dollars and promotional exposure in ALL marketing festival related marketing materials (national and international press exposure, the cover of the Official SDLFF 2019 Program book, print ads, TV commercials, social media posts, ads and web banners, etc.)
10 Finalists - 2 tickets to the 27th San Diego Latino Film Festival & limited promotional exposure
- Artwork must be submitted in: JPEG, 18″ wide x 24″high, 72 DPI (RGB), max. 4 MB
- Top 10 Finalists are required to submit artwork in vector format, 300 DPI (CMYK).
- Design must state: 27th San Diego Latino Film Festival
- Design must include the festival dates: March 12-22, 2020
- Only original artwork will be accepted. Copyrighted characters, images or clip art will not be accepted.
- A brief description of artwork, artist’s name & nationality are required
Your poster design will be judged according to the following criteria:
1. Unique, positive, and non-stereotypical representation of Latino Culture:
- Artwork must be FREE of any generalizations about the Latino culture.
- This includes but is not limited to: stereotypical imagery, icons specific to one country, and uninspired stock visuals.
- Icons to NOT include in design: chiles, nachos, skulls, papel picado, piñatas, cactuses, sombreros, etc.
2. Clarity and originality of message:
- Our judges will be looking for innovative and creative designs that illustrate San Diego Latino Film Festival’s tradition, as well as its forward-thinking and inclusive values.
3. Impact, memorability, and appeal to general audiences:
- Poster design must appeal to general audiences & corporate Sponsors (ALL age groups & gender).
- Design must NOT include: nudity, weapons, offensive imagery, and derogatory text. We expect artists to exercise their best judgement in making creative decisions.
5. Design (type, color, composition, craft):
- Colorful designs are preferred.
6. Versatility for application on other media:
- Your poster design must be functional - Your design will be used in advertisements, catalogue, website and other marketing materials.
KEYWORDS TO GUIDE YOUR DESIGN:
San Diego - Baja California Region
Latino culture, movies, art, history, movement.
Inviting, warm, joyful, connection, celebration.
Passion, identity, family, home, memories
Honoring Latino Filmmakers, movies & actors
Media Arts Center San Diego’s San Diego Latino Film Festival shall have an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide license to alter, use, copy, exhibit, publicly display and distribute their submitted entry for any activity, reproduce and distribute to third parties that are associated or sponsored activities. Artists will retain all rights to their original posters art. Poster designer authorizes Media Arts Center San Diego to use all the components of winning artwork. By submitting a poster design to the San Diego Latino Film Festival, artist agrees that artwork is original to the designer. Failure to adhere to any of stipulations made above may disqualify your submission.
For more information visit: http://sdlatinofilm.com or call 619-230-1938.