The Mosaic International Film Festival is a celebration of diversity in Halifax, Nova Scotia. It’s a forum for unique storytelling. A platform for filmmakers worldwide to share their stories, experiences, and cultural identities with the people of Nova Scotia, Canada, through the art of film.
Founded in 2019 as a local event for filmmakers in Nova Scotia to promote their work, it has since evolved into an international event, bringing together a broad range of cultures from around the world.
Artists can submit their work in one or more of the following six categories: Feature Film, Short Film, Documentary, Short Documentary, Screenplay, Music Video.
A line-up of works, as selected by the festival jury, will be screened during the Mosaic International Film Festival in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in early December. All submissions will also enter an Official Competition with accolades awarded to the winning filmmakers.
Accolades will be awarded to the winning filmmakers in the following categories:
Best Short Film
Best Feature Film
Best Atlantic Short
Best Original Music
Mosaic Film Festival Guidelines:
1. All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.
2. Short film entries must be under 30 minutes in length.
3. Films must be submitted via online screener.
4. All submissions must have been completed after 1 January 2021.
5. Works-in-progress and films with distribution are accepted.
6. The Mosaic Film Festival places no restrictions on your work in terms of premiere status or whether your work has been made available online.
7. More than one entry may be submitted, and each must be submitted separately.
8. Awards and Official Selections are based on overall merits of the films and are at the sole discretion of the jury and programming committee. All decisions of programmers are final.
9. All FilmFreeway submissions for the Mosaic Film Festival are to be paid by credit card. The submission fee is non-refundable.
10. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold us, including our volunteers, our directors, and our sponsors and affiliates harmless against all claims arising out of entry or participation in The Mosaic Film Festival.
11. We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions.
By submitting to the Mosaic Film Festival, I confirm that I have read and accepted the terms and regulations of the Mosaic Film Festival. I will provide the festival with any additional information required pursuant to these rules and regulations. I authorize the Mosaic Film Festival to exhibit my film, and if selected, I confirm that an exhibition copy will be available in a required format for screening during the 2022 festival. I certify that I hold all necessary rights for the submission of this film/video to the Mosaic Film Festival and that all rights and clearances have been made. This film is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation. I hold Mosaic Film Festival harmless from damage to, or loss of any or all materials en route to, from or otherwise at the festival. I assume all legal responsibilities therein. By Agreeing to these terms, I transfer to Mosaic Film Festival the right to use excerpts of the submitted film, its stills, and trailers, for the purposes of publicity and marketing of the film at the 2022 festival, and for other non-commercial uses related to the promotion of the 2022 festival. I hereby agree to indemnify Mosaic Film Festival, in the event that such rights have not been properly transferred.