The State of New Mexico Film Office invites entries for the 2019 New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase. The yearly juried competition is open to New Mexico residents only. There is no fee to submit. The Showcase will culminate in an Awards Ceremony on May 10th, 2019 at 6pm at the KiMo Theater in Albuquerque and the winning films will be screened immediately after the awards ceremony.
Best in Category, Best in Show, Audience Prize and Wild Card winners will all receive trophies. More prizes will be added, watch our facebook page and newsletter for those announcements. Winners will be announced at the KiMo Theater on May 10, 2019 at 6pm.
2019 New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase Rules of Entry
1.Entrant MUST be a New Mexico resident. A copy of the entrant’s valid NM Driver’s license, NM ID, and/or a student ID must be uploaded to the File & Attachments section of your application.
2.Films Must have been completed on or after October 8, 2017.
3. Films 30 minutes or less will be accepted.
4. Only one (1) entry per person.
5. Films must be submitted via upload to FilmFreeway and must be able to be downloaded from the site. Links to projects will not be accepted, only films that have been uploaded to FilmFreeway and are available to be downloaded are eligible.
6. Films shown in the previous year’s showcase are not eligible. PSAs, commercials or compilation reels are not included in the showcase.
7. Submissions must have a credit sequence included in the film.
8. The New Mexico Film Office (NMFO) has the right to reject entries with excessive violence, sexual content, hard language, drug abuse, culturally sensitive material or a combination of the above. The NMFO will determine what is “excessive.”
9. Accepted films must be able to provide an electronic press kit including:
- 1 Movie poster
- Credits list
-A copy of the submitter's New Mexico Drivers License or Student ID.
10. It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to secure authorization for any copyrighted material that may be used in the film. By submitting your film for consideration to the New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase, you are telling us that you have full authority to do so, that the film is cleared for potential festival exhibition, and that you accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. That, as entrant you are the copyright holder, you have rights to all included music and have public performance permission.
11. The New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Showcase for promotional purposes. As well as use of photos taken at Showcase events.
14. You shall also indemnify and hold harmless the New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
15. If you agree to participate in the Audience Awards your film will be added to the online gallery provided by IndieOn.
NMFO does not pay screening fees or guarantee travel or distribution for filmmakers.
By submitting your film, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.
All finalists must have a representative present at the Awards Ceremony on May 10, 2019. If no one is present to accept your award you may forfeit your prize to the next highest scoring film in your category.
IF ENTRANT FAILS TO MEET ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES, THE ENTRY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.