Chronicles of Religious Persecution in China（ English Subtitles 1h0m22s)
Since it came to power in Mainland China in 1949, the Chinese Communist Party has been unceasing in its persecution of religious faith. It has frantically arrested and murdered Christians, expelled and abused missionaries operating in China, confiscated and burned countless copies of the Bible, sealed up and demolished church buildings, and tried to eradicate all house churches. Recent years have also seen the CCP government’s wide-scale introduction of policies aimed at the "Sinification" of Christianity. Thousands of church crosses have been demolished, many church buildings have been knocked down, and a great number of Christians in house churches have been arrested and persecuted. Christian churches in China suffer cruel and bloody persecution …
This documentary faithfully and objectively reproduces the persecution suffered by Chinese Christians at the hands of the CCP government, and focuses on describing the real experiences of two Christians who were persecuted to death by the CCP because of their belief in God. The Christians persecuted in the film are people from different sects and denominations who searched for the truth, and who heard the voice of God and thus returned to Almighty God. They walked the right path of life, yet were frantically arrested by the CCP government, tortured, and ultimately died from their mistreatment. The families of these martyrs were also monitored, threatened, and terrified by the CCP. They were not only unable to get justice for the deceased, but were thrown into disarray by the CCP's persecution. This exquisitely-shot documentary attempts to recreate what really happened at the time, and provides a profound reflection of the flagrant encroachment of the religious beliefs and human rights of Chinese Christians. It is a window to understanding the true lives of Chinese Christians and Christian families, as well as a reflection—rarely seen in recent years—of the experiences and emotions of Chinese Christians who have been persecuted as a result of their faith.
Fei XuKey Cast
JinYan GuoKey Cast
Project Type:Documentary, Experimental, Feature
Runtime:1 hour 22 seconds
Completion Date:July 13, 2017
Country of Origin:Korea, Republic of
Country of Filming:Korea, Republic of
Eastern Lightning, the Church of Almighty God (CAG) was created because of the appearance and work of Almighty God, the second coming of the Lord Jesus, Christ of the last days. It is made up of all those who accept Almighty God's work in the last days and are conquered and saved by His words. It was entirely founded by Almighty God personally and is led by Him as the Shepherd. It was definitely not created by a person. Christ is the truth, the way, and the life. God's sheep hear God's voice. As long as you read the words of Almighty God, you will see God has appeared.
Due to the continued deterioration of human rights conditions for the Chinese people and the worsening persecution of religion in China, we hope that the film "Chronicles of Religious Persecution in China" will have the chance to be screened at the film festival. Through this film, we hope that more attention will be paid to the issue of human rights in China and the issue of religious freedom!
There are some details regarding the documentary film:
1. This is a documentary about the Chinese Communist government’s flagrant encroachment of the religious freedom and human rights of Chinese Christians—a subject matter rarely seen in recent years. Exquisitely-shot, it reveals the persecution experienced by Chinese Christians and the emotions they felt, providing a window to understanding the true lives of Chinese Christians and their families.
2. The Church of Almighty God has filmed and produced almost 100 wide-ranging videos and movies, which have been screened on YouTube. The film "Chronicles of Religious Persecution in China" is the first documentary film produced by the Church of Almighty God Film Center and it is also being exhibited for the first time at a film festival; it has never before been uploaded onto the internet or shown publicly.
3. The film was independently completed in mid-July 2017 by the Church of Almighty God Film Center. The entire film was shot and completed in only a two-month period.
4. The documentary is entirely faithful to the real experiences of Chinese Christians who were persecuted by the CCP. Pseudonyms were used for the people in the film in order to protect the safety of the persecuted Christian families. However, the circumstances and stories of these individuals are completely factual and well-documented and they have not been fictionalized in any way.
5. The directors, screenwriter, and performers in this film as well as the rest of the cast, crew, and staff members are all Christians who have fled abroad to escape persecution by the Chinese Communist Party. They received no remuneration for their involvement in this film.
6. This film was co-directed by a young and a middle-aged Christian and this is the first documentary film they have shot.
7. This film was produced at an exceedingly low cost.
The Church of Almighty God Film Center
Address: 1330-Oriro Guro-gu Seoul Republic of Korea
Zip code: 08249
Korea: Tel: (+82) 10-7352-7812 Fax: (+82) 2-2060-7062
USA: Tel: (+1) 917-285-5903