JCI Batangas Balisong is now accepting short films from all over the world which depicts stories of good, promotes values, and will inspire the general public.
JCI Batangas Balisong is a non-profit organization of young active citizens age 18 to 40 who are engaged and committed in creating an impact to their communities. The organization is based in the 1st District of Batangas.
1. To promote film as an art.
2. To contribute to cultural exchange through films.
3. To create contents that will educate, inspire and entertain the general public.
Best Picture - certificate
2nd Best Picture - certificate
3rd Best Picture - certificate
Gender Sensitive Award
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Cast Ensemble
Best Production Design
Best Musical Score
1. The competition is open to amateur and professional filmmakers worldwide regardless of age and gender.
2. The film must be 3 to 10 minutes, inclusive of OBB and CBB
3. Dialogues may be in any language but should include English subtitles.
4. The festival accepts all genres (narratives, animation, documentary) as long as it depicts stories of good, promotes values and will inspire the general audience.
5. Only works produced from September 2021 to December 2022 are accepted.
1. Submissions shall go through a screening committee composed of the festival director, organization and its partners. The final work should be in high definition, either in vertical or horizontal format.
2. A total of 20 films will be selected as official finalists and will be announced in January 2023 via the JCI Batangas Balisong social media accounts.
3. It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to make sure that all materials including logos and music used are copyright free, in public domain or has the proper license needed, thus not violating any laws. The filmmaker will be responsible for any problems resulting from copyright.
4. The filmmaker grants JCI Batangas Balisong the right to extract excerpts from the film to be used as promotional materials and will be posted to different platforms.
5. JCI Batangas Balisong reserves the right to exhibit the Top 20 films in person and in an invitational online screening on January 2023, and at no additional cost.
6. If the production team includes several individuals, they must assign a single representative to act on their behalf. All official communication shall be addressed to the representative; JCI Batangas Balisong will not be liable for any controversy regarding the sharing of awards among the members of the group.
7. Entries that have been featured in other local and international festivals and competitions are welcome and qualified.
8. The decision of the judges is final. The judges will have the right not to give an award to any category if no entry should merit it.
9. JCI Batangas Balisong reserves the right to amend the rules and revise the mechanics.
10. The pursuit of the physical screenings will follow the guidelines and recommendation of the IATF in doing gatherings in the Philippines.
11. The awarding of winners will be on February 2023, in person and virtually.
Directing (20 points)
Cinematography (15 points)
Editing (10 points)
Story and Screenplay (20 points)
Acting (15 points)
Musical Score (10 points)
Production Design (10 points)