17 Days is a video exhibition rather than a festival. For this exhibition, 17 videos or animations are selected. Each work will screen continuously and simultaneously for 24 hours for at least one week on 50” plasma screens. One screen is on the first floor and the other just above it on the second floor, located at the front entrance of the Richmond Center for Visual Art in the Atrium Gallery.
17 Days is not curated for a specific theme or concept. Instead, the intention is gather a grouping of 17 works that are diverse in their perspectives, content and editing decisions. 17 Days also exhibits at Alfred State College in Alfred NY during the same academic year. Specific dates for this second exhibition are still to be determined.
1. We are seeking single channel moving image - Animation, Experimental Video Art, Narrative Video, and Video Poetry - that has not previously been included in the 17 Days series.
2. We request that you have appropriate permission and/ or copyright for your work.
3. Please only submit a video to one category.
4. If any dialog is not in English, please have English subtitles.
5. We are not yet unable to provide screening fees at this time.