The short film team of A.S.T.O.- We COMMUNICATE is organizing for the 15th year, the open air cinema film festival! As every year, this year you can send us your movie and join this unique summer festival in the city of Patras-Greece.
ASTOs aim is to project as many films as it can in the time that is available due to its open cinema characteristics.
This year, an audience award will be given.
When you see judging status changed to "selected" make sure your movie is downloadable.
The participation of film producers from other countries is allowed under the condition that the films are subtitled in Greek or English. WIth your film you should also send us an srt timecoded dialogue.
1. Running time should not exceed 20 minutes.
2. Festival accepts ONLY fiction movies. Animation short films can participate. Video art films, documentaries, experimental films and advertisement spots are NOT allowed.
3. In case of scenes of excessive violence or other inappropriate material the FESTIVAL reserves the right of whether the films will be projected or not and of the time of projection (if they are appropriate).
4. The participation of film producers from other countries is allowed under the condition that the films are subtitled in Greek or English. We would prefer it if you included an srt timecoded dialogue. If not the dialogue can be embedded in the film.
5. Each director can send up to two movies.
6. The festival is divided into two themes "Greek filmmakers" and "Filmmakers from around the world". The submission dates are as follows: All filmakers, from Greece and from around the world can send their movies via FilmFreeway platform from March 15 till March 20.
7. Greek filmmakers can participate in the thematic "Filmmakers from around the world". Depending on the number of films submitted the festival has the right to project any selected film under any thematic with the obligation to inform the filmmaker for such a change.
8. Only films in digital form will be accepted. Your video will have to be in an Mp4 form and FULL HD 1080p analysis or if that is not possible we can accept it in at least 720p analysis. Sound will have to be in stereo form. ONLY IF it is absolutely necessary we can accept videos from other popular, contemporary formats after contact and approval of the person in charge for the projection of the festival films. No film that there is not the possibility to be projected in at least HD 720p will be projected. Films that have been recorded in less analysis than the required standards and have been transformed later in HD will not be accepted.
9. In case that the participations exceed the overall duration of the Festival, the short-film Festival team of ASTO-WE COMMUNICATE is responsible for the final selection of the films that will be projected.
10. ASTO-WE COMMUNICATE reserves the right to digitize the officially selected films and use them or part of them for promotional purposes for the festival or future projections and artistic activities that will bring the title of the Festival. Any such projections and activities will be announced on our website astopatras.gr.
11. We would like to inform the Filmmakers that the Festival and ASTO – WE COMMUNICATE will not answer with personal messages to questions of filmmakers concerning: 1. the regulations of participation and submission or the shipping procedure if the answer is already recorded here. 2. the reasons that a film was not selected for projection since the process is explicitly explained in regulation terms 3, 7 and 8. The filmmakers whose movie will be accepted are the only ones who will be notified with a personal message.
12. Laurel leaves will be sent to filmmakers after the end of the festival.
13. By submitting your film to the festival you accept the above regulations of participation.