ONLY for films produced in the U.S. that are less than 15 minutes in length. Entries welcome from all 50 states. (Sorry, no music videos).
Our festival takes place in Cocoa Beach, Florida, a "film festival in paradise" on the Atlantic Coast, two hours east of Orlando's theme parks, and one hour south of Kennedy Space Center. This is our 11th year, and our 17th program.
Our festival is for short films that are 15 minutes or less, produced anywhere in the United States. We welcome narratives, documentaries, PSAs, web series, trailers, and animation. (Sorry, no music videos or foreign films). Equal and fair consideration is given to ALL filmmakers, regardless of where you live, or the size of your budget.
Winners are selected by a panel of five judges, who carefully grade each film on its technical merits, acting, script, and entertainment value. The films with good audio and strong stories have the greatest chance of being selected. These “Official Selections” will all receive “festival laurels”, and will compete for awards such as "Best Cinematography", "Best Editing", and several other categories. Winners are announced each day immediately after the screenings, during our Q&A sessions.
Traveling to film festivals can be VERY expensive, so if you can't make it here to Cocoa Beach, don't worry. This will NOT affect the judging of your film in any fashion. "Official Selections" are chosen based on the merits of the FILMS, and NOT on "where you live". We love to show films from all over the U.S.
We purposely keep our screening room small so that you have a very close interaction with your viewing audience. Our cozy screening room at INTERNATIONAL PALMS RESORT seats 40, and tickets to all shows are FREE for anyone who wishes to attend. (Parking is free also!) So bring your whole cast, crew, and friends too! We have filmmaker Q&As after each block of films, and awards are handed out on both days of the festival.
Award certificates will be presented in numerous categories, such as "Best Web Series"; "Best PSA"; "Best Documentary"; "Best Animation"; "Best Movie Trailer"; "Best Director"; "Best Short", and in many other categories. Winners who are unable to pick up their award in person will receive an "E-Certificate" via email.
(1.)Your film must be no harsher than an "R" rating.
(2.) Films may have been produced any year.
(3.) We accept films from anywhere in the U.S.
(4.) No premiere requirements.
(5.) Project may have distribution and may currently be online.
(6.) We no longer accept DVDs. Your preview and exhibition copies must be made available to us as a downloadable MP4, size not to exceed 2.5GB.
(7) If you are notified that your film is an "Official Selection", your downloadable MP4 exhibition copy less than 2GB must be made available to us no later than February 8th 2019 to be included in our show reels. If we cannot contact you, or have no way to download your MP4, we reserve the right to replace your film with another entry.
(8.) Press Kits are not required. We will use the information and stills from your online press kit.
(9) No film may be withdrawn from the festival after the Official Selections have been announced.
(10) We do not pay "screening fees".
(11) Filmmakers attending our film festival must provide their own transportation, housing, meals, and expenses.
(12) Maximum running time of any entry shall not exceed 15-minutes, including credits.
(13) We do not screen "Music Videos" or films produced outside of the US.
(14) Sorry, no fee waivers Please do not ask.
(15) No refunds of entry fees. Judges decisions are final.