The Submission DEADLINE has been extended to WEDNESDAY, MAY 31st, 2017!
The 150-second Film Festival celebrates Canada's sesquicentennial by screening English and French-language films that are 150 seconds in length. Filmmakers can choose from four themes: Canadian Pride, Canadian Communities, Canadians Abroad and Canada's Future. The winning films will be screened from June 30 - July 27, 2017 at all Imagine Cinemas (ON & BC) and Capitol Theatre Yellowknife (NWT).
PRIZE One-week theatrical release at participating cinemas: screened during the pre-show.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We want original films. We welcome great stories in ALL genres.
FOUR THEMES to choose from: Canadian Pride, Canadian Communities, Canadians Abroad and Canada’s Future.
ELIGIBILITY: Films must be Canadian productions with Canadians in creative control. Must be ORIGINAL films. A total of 150 SECONDS IN LENGTH (including titles and credits). Must NOT be available online in any form.
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Original films with NO excerpts from any other films.
2. Films must be 150 seconds in length – including titles and credits
3. All French films must have English sub-titles. All non-English, non-French films must have English and French subtitles.
4. All films may be excerpted for publicity purposes.
5. Filmmakers will be contacted electronically. Please provide an EMAIL address.
6. A separate entry form and additional entry fee must be submitted for each film.
7. Submissions may not be withdrawn from the Festival once admitted.
8. If using music in the films, In order to use music in your films, it’s advised to use your own or make sure that you have permission or pay a SOCAN fee.
SELECTION: A selection committee will be appointed by the Festival to view all submissions. The selection committee’s decisions are final.
NOTIFICATION: Participants will be notified via email of the selection results in June 2017. REMEMBER TO INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!
$20.00 USD for Early deadline of April 30, 2017
$25.00 USD for Final deadline of May 19, 2017
$27.00 USD for Extended deadline of May 31st, 2017
Entry fees are non-refundable