Dhaka University Film Society (DUFS) in association with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) presents the 12th edition of the International Inter University Short Film Festival, also known as the IIUSFF. It is a festival that aspires to promote and inspire the work of university-going filmmakers with the slogan "Take Your Camera, Frame Your Dream".
In 2007, International Inter University Short Film Festival (IIUSFF) started its journey with the goal to provide a platform for young and talented student filmmakers in Bangladesh and overseas to showcase their talent. Over the years, it has succeeded in creating a name of its own and to work as a cross-cultural platform to portray the different styles and dimensions of young University-going filmmakers throughout the world.
1. Zahir Raihan Best Short Award: This award will be entitled to the best short film of the festival. It was first introduced in 2009. The award includes Crest, Certificate and Token money.
2. Tareque Masud Best Emerging Director Award: The 9th edition of IIUSFF introduced a new award in memory of the legendary Bangladeshi filmmaker Tareque Masud. This award is given to the best Bangladeshi filmmaker participating in the festival. The aim is to encourage Bangladeshi filmmakers to produce more quality films. The award includes Crest, Certificate and Token money.
3. Short Film on Refugee- Winner: The best short film featuring the context of the refugee crisis around the world will be honored with this award. The award includes Crest, Certificate and Token money.
4. Short Film on Refugee- Runner-Up: The runner-up in the Short Film on Refugee category will be entitled to this award. Includes Crest, Certificate and Token money.
5. Best One-Minute Short: Among the short films submitted under the One-Minute Shorts category, the best short film will be awarded this title. The award includes Crest, Certificate and Token money.
6. Honorable Mentions: Short films will receive Honorable mentions for pioneering in different aspects of film making like Cinematography, Screenplay, Animation, Editing and many more. Includes crest and certificate.
7. Best Documentary Short: The best documentary short film in the festival will be awarded this award. The award includes Crest, Certificate and Token money.
8. Others: The directors of the top 50 shortlisted films will receive a certificate, crest, and a festival kit.
1. By submitting a Film, the entrant ensures that he or she has obtained consent from any and all owners, creators, writers, producers, and/or other authorized representatives of the film and has read, understood, and agreed to the Terms.
2. The entrant has to be an undergraduate student or postgraduate student, currently enrolled in a University/College. Those who have completed their undergraduate studies within the previous 2 years (which means those who have completed their undergraduate studies by March 30, 2018) are also eligible.
3. By submitting the film to IIUSFF 2020, the applicant and copyright owners hereby warrant and represent that the film is wholly original and is not copied from and does not include any other work that is the subject of copyright or other protection unless such work is in the public domain or the Submitting parties have obtained any and all consents, releases, licenses and we the festival team take no responsibility in this matter.
4. The submitted film must not defame any person or violate the common law or statutory rights, including, without limitation, the rights of privacy and publicity or any other right of any person.
5. Films previously submitted to any edition of the International Inter-University Short Film Festival are not eligible.
6. There are no restrictions on the theme, topic or genre.
7. Any single entrant can submit a maximum of two films in each category.
8. Submitted films must not be made available in any open access streaming site (e.g.- YouTube, Facebook) during the competition period (exception: stated in Term no. 9).
9. For promotional purposes, the selected One-Minute Shorts will/might be published in online platforms ONLY by the Festival Authority with the participant's consent.
10. Films earlier screened in other festivals (in any country) are eligible. The entrant has to mention the names of the festivals where the film has been screened.
11. All accepted films may be screened more than once, and are scheduled at the discretion of the festival authority.
12. All entries must submit embedded English subtitles with the film. Dialogue lists are
13. The festival authority may accept late submissions in its sole and absolute discretion.
14. By submitting their films in the competition, entrants allow the screening rights to Dhaka University Film Society (DUFS). Selected films will be screened in public sessions and DUFS holds the right to screen the films in selected festival venues.
15. The IIUSSF authority reserves the right to rule in its sole discretion, on cases and situations not foreseen by these Terms.
16. The festival authority reserves the right to disqualify any submission if they notice any violation of the terms and conditions. They can ask for proof of studentship and authenticity anytime.
17. Please keep us informed of any changes regarding your contact information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
24 April 2020
After completing the registration process(via FilmFreeway or Google Forms or physical appearance), we will cross-check your status and send a confirmation email shortly.
After the Judgment procedure, we will announce the list of Officially Selected short films.
Renowned film society activists, film personalities, film scholars, film activists and filmmakers from Bangladesh and other countries will be the honorable judges of the
The Top Official Selections will be published by May 15, 2020
The Top Official Selections from all categories will be screened in several festival venues across the country and overseas.
Talent Campus: Top shortlisted Participants will get a free entrance to attend the talent campus session conducted by renowned filmmakers and film personnel to sharpen their skills to frame their dreams in the future. Includes certificate.