The Arab Resource Centre for Popular Arts (ARCPA/AL-JANA) is launching the 10th International Film Festival for Children & Youth to be held in December 2023 in Lebanon. Filmmakers of all nationalities are encouraged to submit their films made by or for children and youth under the theme of "Intra and inter-cultural exchange". Films produced by children and youth under the age of 26 are especially encouraged.
This year, the festival aims at enhancing social cohesion and raising awareness of gender-based violence among refugees and Lebanese youth, women, and community members in Lebanon through culture and films
1. The 2023 J.I.F.F.F.C.Y will display films on and by children/youth less than 26 years of age. Preference will be given to films produced by children or youth or with their active participation.
2. The Arab Resource Centre for Popular Arts/ AL-JANA is responsible for the management and the organization of the Festival.
3. All submitted preview films are automatically available for individual viewing in the video library of ARCPA/AL-JANA.
4. The films should not have been shown publicly in Lebanon.
5. All films should be screened in original language with Arabic or English subtitles.
6. Films entered into the festival will not have more than four public screenings, including press screenings. Additional screenings have to be authorized by the print lender.
7. Those films selected for the festival must be delivered only via the Internet or by a Vimeo downloadable link.
8. All films must be sent with:
Brief synopsis or summary
Full cast and credits
Stills of the film
Still of the director/s
The film in .MOV, *MP4. (Full HD, 2K, 4K) Quality.
The film should be sent only via Internet to our e-mail.
Clearance of rights.
9. All films must be sent to: JIFFFCY@al-jana.org & Hicham@al-jana.org
10. The application for participation in the AL-JANA 2023 Film Festival implies the acceptance of these regulations.