Its that time of the year again!
Dhaka University Presents you with the 11th edition of International Inter University Short Film Festival. It is a festival to promote and inspire the work of University going filmmakers with the slogan "Take Your Camera, Frame Your Dream".
In 2007, International Inter-University Short Film Festival (IIUSFF) started its journey with the goal to provide a platform for the young and talented student filmmakers in Bangladesh and overseas to showcase their talent. Over the years, it has succeeded in creating a name of its own and to work as a cross-cultural platform to portray the different styles and dimensions of young University-going filmmakers throughout the world.
1. Zahir Raihan Best Short Award- This award will be entitled to the director of the Best Short Film of the festival. It was first introduced in 2009. Includes Crest, Certificate and Token money.
2. Tareque Masud Best Emerging Director Award- The 9th edition of IIUSFF introduced a new award in memory of legendary Bangladeshi film-maker Tareque Masud. This award is given to the best Bangladeshi film-maker participating in the festival. The aim is to encourage Bangladeshi film-makers to produce more quality films. Includes Crest, Certificate and Token money.
3. Short Film on Refugee: Winner - Best Short Film featuring the context of Refugee crisis around the world will be honored with this award. Includes Crest, Certificate and Token money.
4. Short Film on Refugee: Runner-Up- The Runner up in the Short Film on Refugee will be entitled with this award. Includes Crest, Certificate and Token money.
5. Best one minute short: 11th IIUSFF is introducing a new segment in the festival titled ‘One Minute Shorts’. Here the best short film will be awarded the 'Best One-Minute Short' title. Includes Crest, Certificate and Token money.
6. Honorable Mentions: Directors will receive Honorable mentions for pioneering in different aspects of film making like Cinematography, Screenplay, Animation, Editing and many more. Includes crest and certificate.
7. Talent Campus: Top 20 shortlisted Participants will get a free entrance to attend the talent campus session conducted by renowned filmmakers and film personals to sharpen their skills to frame their dreams in the future. Includes certificate.
8. Screening Session: Top 100 shortlisted Films will be screened on several remarkable venues across the country and overseas including India.
9. Others: The directors of the top 50 shortlisted films will receive a certificate, crest, and festival kit.
Rules & Terms
1. By submitting a Film, the entrant ensures that he or she has obtained consent from any and all owners, creators, writers, producers, and/or other authorized representatives of the film and has read, understood, and agreed to the Terms.
2. The entrant has to be an undergraduate student or postgraduate student, currently enrolled in a University/College. Those who have completed their undergraduate studies within the previous 2 (Two) years are also eligible.
3. By submitting the film to IIUSFF 2019, the applicant and copyright owners hereby warrant and represent that the film is wholly original and is not copied from and does not include any other work that is the subject of copyright or other protection, unless such work is in the public domain or the Submitting parties have obtained any and all consents, releases, licenses and we the festival team take no responsibility in this matter.
4. The submitted film must not defame any person or violate the common law or statutory rights, including, without limitation, the rights of privacy and publicity or any other right of any person
5. Films previously submitted to any edition of International Inter University Short Film Festival are not eligible.
6. There are no restrictions on the theme, topic or genre.
7. Any single entrant can submit a maximum of two films in any category.
8. Submitted films mustn't be available in any open access streaming site (e.g.- YouTube, Facebook) during the competition period.
9. Films earlier screened in other festivals (in any country) are eligible. The entrant has to mention the names of the festivals the film has been screened in.
10. All accepted films may be screened more than once, and are scheduled at the discretion of the festival authority.
11. All entries must submit embedded English subtitle with the film. Dialogue lists are not accepted.
12. The festival authority may accept late submissions in its sole and absolute discretion,
13. By submitting their films in the competition, entrants allow the screening rights to Dhaka University Film Society (DUFS). Selected films will be screened in public sessions and DUFS holds the right to screen the films in selected festival venues.
14. Please keep us informed of any changes regarding your contact information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
15. The festival authority reserves the right to disqualify any submission if they notice any violation of the terms and conditions. They can ask for proof of studentship and authenticity anytime.
16. The IIUSSF authority reserves the right to rule in its sole discretion, on cases and situations not foreseen by these Terms.
31 May, 2019
After completing the registration process(via Filmfreeway or Google Forms or physical appearance). we will cross-check your status and send a confirmation email shortly.
After the Judgment procedure, we will announce the list of top 100 short films.
Renowned Film Society Activists, Film Personal, Film Scholar, Film Activists and Filmmakers from Bangladesh and other countries will be the honorable judges to the resulting shortlist.
Top 100 shortlist will be published by June 2019
A Top 20 shortlist will be published for the Short Film on Refugee category
A Top 20 shortlist will be published for the One-minute shorts category
Top 100 selected short films from all categories will be screened in several festival venues across the country and overseas.