Our 2019 Call for Entries is due open on 10th January, 2019. Please submit your visual art poster/graphic design online to be in with a chance at the Iran’s leading poster festival.
- Visual Art Poster/ Graphic design
2.1 All contestants must be either an undergraduate or a 6-month graduate of any field and nationality after 2014. Contestants are required to submit their student ID cards or a graduation verification which should be for the past 6 months.
2.2 Entries must have been produced between 2017 and 31st May 2019, the final deadline.
2.3 All participants should produce their works according to the priorities in the field of health culture (Main Themes).
3. MAIN THEMES
• The theme of the festival is the maintenance and improvement of physical, mental, social and spiritual health including but not limited to:
- Emphasis on health education, information and culture promotion
- Studying the consequences of social damages and their effects on individual health
- Healthy lifestyle and learning life skills and self-care
- Mental health, promoting vitality, happiness and dynamism and avoidance of stressful behaviors and environments
- Rehabilitation of chronic diseases or disabilities
- Happy and hopeful life
- Mental health and its significant effect on the increase of the quality of life
- Attention to fatal diseases and suggesting approaches for the prevention and treatment
- Culture-building in the area of organ transplantation, blood donation, AIDS and diseases caused by high-risk behaviors
- Focusing on digital health technologies
- Peace and the world free from violence
both through Filmfreeway website or directly to below email:
Visual Art Poster/ Graphic design competition:
- First winner; Festival Trophy along with honorary diploma and cash Prize
- 2nd winner; honorary diploma and cash Prize
- 3rd winner; honorary diploma and cash Prize
3 winners will be invited to attend the festival and visit Iran for free!
Simorgh “Culture of Health“
Visual Art Poster/ Graphic design Festival 2019
1.1 The international festival of Simorgh is accredited by Iran Ministry of Health and Medical Education.
1.2 The deadline for submissions to the competitions is 31st MAY, 2019 (date of receipt) for international productions. Repeated submissions are not possible. A confirmation of the receipt of a submission cannot be provided and contestants can track online. No entry fees are charged.
1.3 Only works are eligible that have not been shown at any other Iran festival before. Productions entering the International Competition must have been completed after 2017.
1.4 According to the festival regulations, the festival secretariat would have the full authority to take legal actions against those applicants whose documents have been falsified. Those participants will be in full charge.
1.5 The permanent secretariat of the festival, in the opinion of the Planning Board and the Arbitration Council, can redefine the announced prizes in the absence of the quality of the works submitted in various categories of the festival.
1.6 Submission of the entry form to the International Simorgh Festival implies unconditional acceptance of these regulations.
1.7 Any dispute concerning the present regulations will be judged and settled by the President of the Festival.
1.8 The permanent secretariat of the festival reserves the right to use the works in any way they see fit by mentioning the creator’s name.
2.1 Visual Art Poster/ Graphic design
This section aims at producing outstanding works as well as recognizing the young talents under the theme of “The Culture of Health” in Visual Art Poster/ Graphic design section.
- There is no limitation in choosing the technique
- Each applicant could submit at most three works
- Size must be minimum A3 and maximum 100*70
- Copied works would be rejected
- Works should follow 300dpi resolution and TIF or JPEG format
- In case jury members ask for PSD, attendees must provide
- Works not following the theme would be omitted.
3. Entry Requirements
3.1 Submitted works must be in high quality and resolution.
4.1 The preselection of the works is made by a group of experts on the arts and healthcare.
4.2 The Final selection, programming and any change in them is proposed by the permanent secretariat of the festival.
4.3 Selected works will be notified via festival official email up to 5th July, 2019.