1 – THE FESTIVAL:
The International “Cinema Povero” Film Festival is open to everybody: rich
film-makers, poor film-makers of any gender or religion all welcome provided
they have developed a beautiful, original idea on a limited budget.
2 – HOW TO SUBMIT THE SHORT FILM:
Competitors can upload a digital screener to FILMFREEWAY
Mandatory requirements: any film must be downloadable.
3 - CATEGORIES:
Four categories for short films under 20 minutes in lengt, made after January 1,
- ITALIAN SHORT FILM
- NON-ITALIAN SHORT FILM
- ANIMATED SHORT FILM
Short films with Italian subtitles will be appreciated.
4 – DEADLINE:
The deadline for sending the films is set for 15 August 2023 hours 23.59 C.E.T.
5 – SECRETARIAL FEES:
Secretarial fees for the Cultural Association “Cinema Povero” are € 10= (ten
euros) or $ 11= (eleven U.S.$).
The secretarial fees are non-refundable for any reason.
6 – OFFICIAL SELECTION:
The Jury will make a selection of the short films and will formulate the
Final Official Selection.
The Authors of the Final Official Selection will be notified by August 25th
Authors non-admitted to the Final Official Selection, will not be
7 – PRIZES:
BEST ITALIAN SHORT € 1000= + Sculpture “Il Nasso”
BEST NON-ITALIAN SHORT € 1000= + Diploma
BEST ANIMATED SHORT € 500= + Diploma
BEST DOCUMENTARY € 500= + Diploma
AUDIENCE AWARD € 500= + Diploma
Juan Enrique Bécquer – (in memory) € 500= + Diploma
“City of Ispra” Prize € 500= + Diploma
University Without Age: Purchase voucher + Diploma
Any additional “special mentions” indicated by the Jury.
8 – PRIZES TO WINNERS – (Important):
Prizes will be handed only to Italian Finalist or them Delegates, attending the
Awards Ceremony. They will not be shipped nor credited.
Cash prizes will NOT be credited to winners from Countries under International
embargo nor to their delegates residing in Countries free from restrictions.
9 - FILM SCREENING BEFORE AUGUST 15th 2023:
Some films chosen by the Jury, submitted before August 15th 2023, will be
screened in summer arenas in June and July.
10 – RESPONSIBILITY:
Participation in the Festival by sending the short film implies:
- to fully accept the content of this regulation;
- to respond in first person of the content of the short film presented;
- to have fulfilled all the obligations requiered towards third parties according
to what is regulated by the Law on copyright (Law 633/1941) and subsequent
changes, certify they have the rights to music used in their short film;
- to authorize the International Festival "Cinema Povero" to screen the
shorts during the Festival ;
- to indemnify and hold harmless the“Cinema Povero” Cultural Association
from any claim advanced by third parties in relation to the short film
11 – LEGAL NOTES:
- Pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/2003 (privacy code) and EU Regulation
679/2016 (GDPR), we inform you that no personal data of the participants
will be collected, processed or stored by the “Cinema Povero”Cultural
- The Festival Organizers reserve the right to make changes to the regulation
even during the Festival. The updated version will be published on the
Festival Internazionale “Cinema Povero” and Associazione Culturale
“Cinema Povero” websites and will be effective as an official communication
for all participants;
- Fifteen days after the Award Ceremony, the Festival will be considered closed
for all intents and purposes.
12 - FINAL NOTES:
- At the discretion of the organizers and for valid reasons, the event may be
suspended, postponed or cancelled;
- The program of public screenings of the selected films will be published on
the page: www.facebook.com/festivaldelcinemapovero;
- For clarifications, please refer to the Festival e-mail address:
firstname.lastname@example.org and/or on the website of the ”Cinema
Povero” Cultural Association:
- All right to the short films will remain the property of the author or his
Ispra, Italy 01 February 2023